|SCN Fantasy Baseball League Results|
Monday, October 23, 2006
Posted by jaygross
With the World Series in full swing, I figured it was a good time to fill everyone on our fantasy league results. This year we had 12 SportsCollectors.Net members join in on the fantasy baseball league on Yahoo. We had a live onilne draft back in April that was so much fun - lots of trash talking... I have been in leagues for the past 15 years, and I was impressed with this group - a decent amount of trades and lots of free agent moves.
Congrats to Andrew (The Drude) for winning the league. He made some really good moves after a mediocre draft and his team ended up being solid all the way through. I finished 10th, a pathetic display. Just like my Red Sox, my team was hit by injury bug and crumbled down the stretch.
Here's the final standings:
So here's what I learned and will be doing better next year:
- Do your homework before the draft. I went into it completely cold, and I paid for it. Taking Felix Hernandez in the 4th and Jorge Cantu in the 5th, can you say temporary insanity...
- Well rounded teams seem to do better than teams that are really strong in only a few categories.
- When young guys start looking good, grab him because someone else will (Papelbon, Verlander, Liriano, Jered Weaver, Uggla, etc.)
- Be on the alert for someone to give up on a guy too early - I dropped Chien-Ming Wang when he was 4-4 and getting shelled, and he finished 19-6.
- Don't draft players you don't like, it makes for painful games. I needed a 1B and took Giambi in the 8th round, but rooting for a Yankee wasn't fun for me.
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I'm psyched for next year, and I'll be ready this time.
PRINT | PERMALINK
Comments on blog posts can only be seen or left by Premium Subscribers. Subscribe now.